- Understand that Attitude is a choice.
- Choose a positive Attitude and maintain it.
- Use their sport as an opportunity to compete against themselves and learn from their success/failures.
- Understands a positive Attitude gives you strength to not give up.
- Understand not to pursue perfection but pursue excellence, and realize they, along with their coaches, teammates, officials, and others are not perfect.
- Maintain balance and perspective between their sport and the rest of their lives.
- Respect their sport, opponents, teammates, coaches, officials, and themselves.
- Understand that a strong positive Attitude is contagious.
Having a positive Attitude is certainly a state of mind that is well worth developing.