Lady Rebels Clinches Lead In Seventh Inning For Victory Over Evansville Mater Dei
- Lady Rebels took the lead late and defeated Evansville Mater Dei 6-3 on Tuesday. The game was tied at two with Lady Rebels batting in the top of the seventh when Samantha Helmssingled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run.
- Evansville Mater Dei got things moving in the second inning, when Lindsay Merkley drew a walk, scoring one run.
- Evansville Mater Dei evened things up at two in the bottom of the sixth inning. Evansville Mater Dei scored one run when Hannah Adler doubled.
- Helms was credited with the victory for Lady Rebels. She allowed four hits and three runs over seven innings, striking out four.
- Allie Goodin took the loss for Evansville Mater Dei. She surrendered six runs on nine hits over seven innings, striking out six and walking zero.
- Lady Rebels tallied one home run on the day. Hannah Compton put one out in the seventh inning.
- Lady Rebels tallied nine hits in the game. Helms, Ashton Rasor, and Cali Woodburn each collected multiple hits for Lady Rebels. Helms led Lady Rebels with three hits in four at bats.
- “Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.